My followers

zaterdag 7 mei 2011

Zvezda Siege Tower

This is a part of a duel I had with Paul from Paul's Bods on Benno's Figures Forum (organizer of the FIGZ meeting).


It was fun building and painting this kit.

Here is how I painted it:

The wood: GW Bestial brown + 2 x Devlan mud + 1 x Dabab Black wash
The cow skins: GW Vermin brown + 2 x Devlan Mud wash
Metal parts: GW Boltgun metal + 1 x Dabab Black wash

Here are the pictures of the Siege Tower

And it really works, it goes up and down!


Hope you like them!

And I say welcome to the followers:

Dr Willett's Workshop, W40k Tenerife and Colonel Shofer from Colonel Shofer's Mild OCD Model blog.

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

11 opmerkingen:

  1. Looks cool, how would you recommend fighting against it? Shoot flaming arrows? Or obstacles on the ground to make it hard to move?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Nicely done Peter,
    This is 1 of those pieces of kit I see in a model shop and although I don't have a use for would love to buy (like my brother with his 4 mumaks!).
    Cheers
    Paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks!

    @mekelnborg: fire was the best defence against such towers. If you have seen the movie "Kingdom of Heaven", then you have seen another defence against them.
    @paul: I bought this kit long time ago, and then all of a sudden I could use it. Pictures of the completed dio will come later in another post.

    Greetings
    Peter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Nice build and nice paintjob, really good work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Very nice look !! Great painting ,beautiful color of the wood!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. OHHH I remeber this one...yet another duel I lost :-D I´m going to get this, and the trebuchet...I´m now building a "siege engine park" ....I know...another project started
    Cheers
    paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I really like this one mate, and it makes me want to get one before they stop producing them.Nicely painted sir the wood effect is cracking.

    Cheers Rich.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Thanks for the kind words!

    @Paul and Rich: is this kit still availeble?

    Greetings
    Peter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Somewhat late maybe but very, very nice siege tower...cool. Michael

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen