My followers

maandag 14 mei 2012

Zvezda 8046 Vikings Part 2

After Part 1 it's time for Part 2. This time I've painted one figure of each pose. I bought this figures as a bargain. The seller told me it were 3 complete sets, but not on the sprues. I could have them for the price of one set. But when I started painting these guys, I realized that there was missing one pose. One of the archers wasn't in the box. I placed a litle message on Benno's Figures Forum that I was searching for that figure. And Gunnar from Gataskog sended me one. Thanks for that mate!

I've painted them with black and white, and some brown colors. I wanted them to look very dark, so they would be more suiteble for a fantasy dio (not right now!). And I love the black and white with a little bit of silver on the shields very much. Shading on the shields is Vallejo Grey Wash.

Just have a look at the pictures, and enjoy them!

Archers. The one on the left calls Gunnar!


Axes.


Command.



Spears.


Swords.


I hope you like them!

Currently painting: To many things!

Currently reading: I have to much to paint!

Also welcome to a new follower:
- Steve(n) from Sound Officers Call

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

18 opmerkingen:

  1. I like the colours you've used on these. They look great!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Those really are superb figures Peter, full of movement and you have painted them beautifully! Fantastic work Sir!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Schitterend geschilderd Peter heb je enig idee hoeveel figuren je al hebt geschilderd...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Danny! Een antwoord op je vraag heb ik op je blog geplaatst.

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  4. very good peter. bennos is a grand place to be isn't it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Damn nice work on those, impressive looking figures Peter....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Very good looking figures!! Love them!

    Cheers

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Great work Peter! very nice figures!
    I like the Standard bearer (the flag : wow!!!!) and the Viking chief!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. The flag was tricky. It isn't that well sculpted. Thanks Pascal!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  8. Fantastic work Peter...the banner especially is really sth!
    T.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Cracking work, especially on the shields

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Excellent. my favourites are the two throwing spears..the hair colour is very good.
    Cheers
    paul

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Love the effect you've achieved on the folds in their clothes and the details on the shields and banner.

    Top work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. These are superb. I like the restricted palette. The figures still look rich and vibrant in the well chosen colours you used.
    Cheers, Richard

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen